With the rising prices of airfares and the increasing time it takes to get through security at the airports; more and more families are choosing to travel by car for their holiday. Many of us with young children are going back to the days we grew up in where we travelled most places by car with our parents.
We began asking other friends for how they make the trip go more comfortable and how they got around the “Are we there yets?”, here’s ten tips to make your car holiday go a good deal smoother:
1. Choose if your children do better in the early morning or evening hours for traveling? Which ever it is design your travelling to match, for this, our children don’t journey well in the morning they do a lot better if we depart after 2:00pm and drive into the evening.
2. Equip your car with favorite pre-bagged snacks for everybody, even adults, a cooler with plenty of water and favorite drinks, colored pencils, crayons, a few coloring books, sticker books, travel games, and a travel diary for older kids.
3. Bring along Gameboys & games, personal CD/DVD players (even for small children), and you can get books on cd from the library.
4. Do think about a portable DVD player, this makes 5 or 6 hour a day feel like 2 hours. It also cuts down a lot of the unneeded stops as the children are involved in the movie.
5. To head off the trouble of dragging in a traveling bag for every person into a hotel for the 1 night stops. Take a 3 day bag into which each person imparts 3 days worth of clothes. This way you carry one traveling bag of clothes in every three days.
6. Do carry a lightweight table cloth for outside lunch breaks along the way.
7. Make certain to remember the digital camera you’ll create lifetime memories.
8. Do acquire postcards from every major destination along the journey.
9. All children are different but in general they don’t drive as far as the adults can go in one day, try to keep car travel to a 6 to 8 hour range of time.
10. Don’t fill the interior of the car to the brim making less space for the children, rather consider a car topper for safe keeping of your belongings.
Have a peachy family holiday.