A Bus Driver’s Duty of Care
Every vehicle driver has his duty to implement strict precaution to protect the welfare and safety of his passengers. This is especially when he is driving a vehicle with children on board. Not only it is his professional responsibility, but also it is his legal accountability if in case someone got hurt on travel.
In particular, school bus drivers carry a big responsibility of assuring a safe ride for students going to and from their school. It is then a must for these drivers to be prudent at all times to avoid accidents that may cause severe injuries to even deaths.
Yet, if bus driver’s negligence to this duty has been found the “proximate cause” of harm and damages sustained by any of his passengers, the injured parties may seek suitable compensation to cover their expenses and other losses suffered. In pursuing a claim, a bus accident lawyer’s advice and representation could be vital in achieving successful result.
School Bus Safety Information for Students
For the parents of schoolchildren, it is a primordial concern to ensure the safety of their children. Thus, it will be helpful for them to inform their children on issues involving bus safety. Doing this effort could detach their young from the serious effects of a tragic bus accident.
Following are some of the bus accident prevention tips that students exercise:
1. Stay clear of the bus and wait for it to make a full stop before getting aboard. Since there are many areas around the bus wherein the drivers have limited or zero visibility, it is extremely dangerous to stay on its track while waiting for it to stop.
2. Be aware of other vehicles when boarding or getting off a bus. Some other drivers may not be responsible enough to stop while children are boarding or getting off the bus. It is also possible that these other motorists will not notice children crossing the street.
3. Follow the driver’s instructions and stay disciplined while riding the bus. Many accidents occur due to driver distractions. If the children on board the bus are unruly and noisy, chances are the driver’s attention may be disturbed.
4. Sit in an orderly manner facing the front. Numerous school buses are not equipped with seatbelts to protect its passengers. Hence, it would be dangerous for these children to roam around the bus while it is moving. However, staying properly seated in the bus will lessen the effects of an accidental impact because of the reinforced seat backs that compartmentalize its passengers.
5. Never get under the bus for any reason. Even if you have something to retrieve, it will be safer to let the driver do it for you or just wait for the bus to go before you get it.
Legal Issues in a Bus Accident
As the law indicates, any person who may have been harmed due somebody else’s carelessness or imprudent action may invoke his right to recover damages. However, in filing a claim against the party liable, it is much wiser to ask assistance from bus accident lawyers who are more knowledgeable about the procedures in pursuing a claim.
A victim who does not understand the legal issues involved in a bus accident may have trouble in seeking for justice. Bus accident lawyers have the proper skills in engaging with the procedures set by the law in damages recovery.
To help you with vehicle accident issues such as school bus accidents, you can seek the assistance of our skilled and experienced bus accident lawyers. You can visit our website and avail of our free case analysis.
Rainier used to work in a publishing company as a writer and eventually became an associate editor. He dealt in writing instructional materials for secondary and tertiary students. His passion in writing inspired him to read a lot and subsequently enabled him to gain more knowledge and skills.
Article from articlesbase.com
Find More Tips For Boarding Schools Articles